|Type of role|
|Salary||$81,075 Per Annum|
|Full Time||35 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date|
|Interview date||Wednesday 29th September 2021|
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
Based in the US and working within the Strategic Partnership and Business Development team, this role will manage VSO’s relationship development and positioning with implementing partners, and other priority donors. The role will include management of a focused engagement plan for USAID in youth and livelihoods, subsequent engagement and relationship development and high quality bid development. This will enable VSO to position for and secure high value new business opportunities to grow VSO’s global programme portfolio and deliver significant impact.
The benefits package for the role includes;
• Affordable medical cover for you and your dependents
• 50% of the monthly contribution to insurance policy for individual dental coverage
• Pension – contribution, 5% of salary paid into a 401K Retirement plan operated by Paychex.
• Paid time off - up to 37 days paid annual leave, inclusive of designated US Federal holidays
• Flexible work arrangements based on flexible hours and communications systems to
facilitate global working hours and working from home
• Opportunities for professional learning and development
• Travel Insurance coverage for employees traveling on VSO business for less than 3 Months
• Access to an employee assistance programme
• Access to shared co-working space
Skills, qualifications and experience
Candidate's for the role must have the right to work in the US and live commutable distance to Washington DC and we welcome applicants from the DMV Region.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).