Bid Development Consultants (roster)
|Type of role:||Business, management and IT|
|Location:||Various countries, Various Countries|
|Contract type:||Consultant Agreement|
|Contract length:||Variable, typically between 2 weeks and 2 months|
|Application Closing Date:||2 Aug 2020|
|Interview date:||On a rolling basis|
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
VSO International seeks Bid Development Consultants for upcoming restricted funding opportunities in the areas of Education, Health and Livelihoods. The consultants will join a pool of experts that can be drawn at surge times to respond to prospective funding opportunities. Once deployed the consultants will be responsible to coordinate the relevant bid team and lead on the drafting of high quality bid documents in line with donor guidelines.
Scope of Work: The scope of work below outlines the general parameters for services VSO expects the consultant to complete as part of a consultancy. VSO will provide the consultant with a written work order prior to any engagement describing a specific scope of work and timeline for delivery of any final work products. To the extent practicable, the work order will also outline any logistical details including expected travel and related expenses in the work order.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Conduct background research on relevant topics expected to be included in the relevant upcoming opportunity.
• Prepare written summary of the key findings from background research, including source documents and resources;
• Support proposal design in coordination with partners and VSO staff;
• Coordinate the bid timeline and ensure relevant stakeholders can contribute effectively to the bid;
• Draft high quality bid materials in correspondence with donor criteria and guidelines;
• When required travel to relevant VSO country office to facilitate proposal design workshops;
• Possess technical expertise in Education, Health and/or Livelihoods;
• Demonstrated experience writing winning proposals for institutional and bi-lateral donors such as DFID, USAID, EC and UN;
• Experience with commercial funding opportunities;
• Willingness to travel to and in country of VSO operation;
• Fluent in English required;
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent initiatives all within schedule;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Proficiency in using MS Word, Excel, and Power Point;
• Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to assume responsibilities and take initiative; ability to be a team player.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Suitable applicants will be contacted on a rolling basis to confirm enrollment to the consultant pool.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.Make an application