VSO's programme in Cameroon opened in 1998. It focussed on gender equality, education and health.VSO Cameroon’s focus is to increase the power of disadvantaged women to demand and access growth-oriented economic opportunities and quality education and health services.
In 2011, VSO reviewed the best way to allocate our resources to make the greatest possible difference to global poverty. We decided we would begin to close programmes if the country we were operating in was:
- not least developed
- had relatively smaller numbers of people in poverty
- had less regional or global influence
Our office in Cameroon closed in April 2014.
Find out about volunteering
By volunteering abroad with VSO you get to put your skills, energy and personal qualities to work helping people break out of poverty. Interested in volunteering abroad?
- Cameroon legacy book 1998 - 2014 (5526KB)
- VSO Cameroon Strategy (696KB)
- Cameroon - Actions and interactions: Gender equality in teaching and education management (1019KB)
- Cameroon - Actions and interactions: Gender equality in teaching and education management - Summary (1405KB)
- Cameroun - Actions et interactions: Égalité des genres dans l’enseignement et dans la gestion de l’éducation (1133KB)
- Cameroun - Actions et interactions: Égalité des genres dans l’enseignement et dans la gestion de l’éducation - résumé (344KB)
- Cameroon – Education (33KB)
- Cameroon – HIV and AIDS (31KB)
- Cameroon – Participation and governance (35KB)