People First: Our strategy
Our vision is a world without poverty, where excluded and marginalised women and men have a choice and an opportunity to participate effectively in society, have enough to feed and clothe their families, have access to education and healthcare services, land on which to grow food or a job to earn a living.
For this to happen, poor and marginalised people must have access to quality essential services, be able to work together to improve their lives and have access to information and ideas that will link them to the wider world.
We believe that it is people who can play crucial roles in initiating, promoting and facilitating change in organisations, in the provision of services and in changing policies.
People First sets out our strategy to achieve our vision. This strategy was approved by our International Board in January 2010.
Our Transform Agenda outlines the progress we've made during the first year of our strategy.
- People First: VSO Strategy 2010 (2316KB)
- VSO's Transform Agenda (129KB)
- VSO Policy on External Evaluation of Programmes (52KB)
- Theory of Change: bringing people together to fight poverty (323KB)
- Théorie du Changement: Rapprocher les peuples en vue de lutter contre la pauvreté (340KB)
- Teoría del Cambio: Ponemos a la gente a trabajar juntos contra la pobreza (329KB)