VSO volunteers support education programmes in 17 developing countries. Our programmes are part of a global effort to ensure that every child has access to a quality education – it’s a direct route out of poverty.
"I joined VSO because I felt like teaching was more than just the classroom; I had a passion for going out of those walls. This was a very exciting and meaningful opportunity. You can really understand the essence of being a teacher, sharing your professional knowledge to help other people." - Simon Gana, VSO volunteer in Rwanda
As a VSO volunteer, you won’t change the world overnight. But you will play a vital role in creating the kind of deep-seated changes to practices and systems that will help an entire generation get the education they deserve.
VSO are urgently recruiting:
- Education managers
- English language teachers
- Primary teachers
- Secondary teachers
- Special education teachers
Will you use your teaching experience to create a world without poverty?
Teach abroad: the world is your classroom
You'll be working alongside local colleagues, helping them develop their teaching methodologies and practices. That might mean:
- helping teachers across several schools to build their confidence in the classroom
- working with education authorities on curriculum development and school management
- making sure teachers are better valued, developed and supported.