- To provide expert IT advice to DREAM in general and their Data Processing Component in particular
- To help develop systems for data and information product management, these include LiDAR cloud data, digital elevation and hazard maps
- To assist in the set-up of a LDAP/Active Directory Server to unify log-in and account management. Samba and NFS shares from a free NAS device should be able to connect to it.
- To assist in the configuration and content management of a Drupal website
- To assist in the creation of a data monitoring system linked to a Samba Share
- To assist in the creation of a geowebserver for visualization of available data and its delineation for sales purposes
- At the end of the placement, when the volunteer returns to their country, they are requested to make themselves available for consultation online (e-volunteering) for agreed tasks within a certain time
- A degree in computer engineering
- At least three years IT work experience
- Background in handling geographical datasets
- Experience in developing systems for managing large data sets or databases
- Able to customize software; experience of content management software
- Experience in developing web-based systems (i.e. websites wherein one can request/download data)
- Background in Geo-informatics or similar field
- Commitment to capacity building, training and mentoring others
- Understanding of the development context: Have some knowledge about development in a developing country experiencing significant natural disasters
This placement is based in Quezon City, Metro Manila. We’ll ask you to commit to 8 months to make a sustainable contribution to our development goals. In return, we’ll give you comprehensive financial, personal and professional support. We'll provide you with extensive training before your placement, and our financial package includes a local living allowance, return flights, accommodation, insurance and more. When you return to your home country, we'll help you to resettle and many of our returned volunteers stay involved with us long after their placement ends.
When applying please quote ‘PH572-3-1 EU Aid IT Specialist’. Please note this role is only open to EU nationals.